Only a Third Of Patients Happy With Results
Cossup.com asked a number of cosmetic surgery patients how they felt about the results of their surgery. Just 37% of respondents said they were happy with their results, with 37% saying they were dissatisfied and 26% stating they had mixed emotions.
There are a large number of reasons why people may feel dissatisfied with their surgery – for some, their expectations are not realistic therefore the results will never meet their ideal. For others, their surgery highlights other areas of their body which they also want to change. Others may like part of their transformation but not all, for example having a rhinoplasty, the bridge might be perfect but the tip not quite as expected.
There are several things prospective plastic surgery patients can do to increase the likelihood that they will be satisfied with their surgery outcome:
– Find a plastic surgeon who specialises in the type of surgery you are after
– Look for a cosmetic surgeon who has high satisfaction rating. Word of mouth can be an invaluable tool
– Ensure you have a good rapport with your surgeon to ensure he knows exactly what your ideal look is. If you have doubts, walk away and find another surgeon
– Look at previous work done by the surgeon and ensure it gels with the sort of result you are after
– Have realistic expectations of what cosmetic surgery can do for you
– Don’t have cosmetic surgery on a whim. Research thoroughly and ensure you are fully prepared for what surgery entails